Central Province is one of the 10 provinces of Zambia. As a Province, we look forward to cordially welcoming our visitors who will join us during the Investment Forum & Expo, from the 8th to 13th October, 2018. The expo will be hosting various businesses and participants, will enjoy site seeing activities of natural scenery and exceptional beauty, historical sites and areas of cultural significance for both their enjoyment and potential business assessment and investment. The theme for the Investment Forum and Expo is "Accelerating Investment for Inclusive and Sustainable Development". Through this theme, the Province hopes to unlock its economic potential, for investment through increased private sector participation in the economy.
The Theme for the Investment Forum and Expo is also in line with the theme of Zambia's Seventh National Development Plan, 7NDP (2017-2021) which is ''Accelerating Development efforts towards vision 2030 without leaving anyone behind''.
The goal of the 7NDP is to create a diversified and resilient economy for sustained growth and social-economic transformation driven, among others by agriculture.The realization of this goal will be achieved through the contribution of a number of developmental outcomes.The key outcomes include economic diversification and job creation; poverty and vulnerability reduction; reduced developmental inequalities; enhanced human development and enhanced governance environment for a diversified and inclusive economy.
One of the key components of the proceedings of the Central Province Investment Forum and Expo 2018 will be to bring together both Local and Foreign Investors and business houses in order for them to explore new business opportunities as well as network with a view of them expanding their business sphere. Provincial Administration is optimistic that with a wide set of opportunities available in various sectors including; agriculture, forestry, aquaculture, energy, tourism, livestock, education, health and mining , Investors can take advantage of a range of available benefits and incentives that Central Province has to offer.
Central Zambia Investment Forum and Expo Video
Why Invest In Central ProvinceCentral Province is located in the heart of the region. It has a good vantage point for linkages in the whole Southern African Development Community (SADC) region.
- Hosts two rail lines one to the port of Dar es Salaam to the east and another to the port of Durban to the south.
- Boasts a road network that has linkages to both the SADC and COMESA trading blocks.
- Fertile alluvial soils suitable for all forms of agriculture including aquaculture and capture fisheries
- Political stability to secure long term investment
- Plenty of food due to its ever-booming agriculture sector
- Rich in various mineral deposits including gold and silver
- Has many water bodies and is home to some of the world’s most rare wildlife species in the Kafue National Park, one of the World’s biggest national parks
- Home to one of the worlds largest bat migration that happens in the Kasanka National Park and the giant fruit bats can be seen in their millions during October and November
- The many schools, colleges and universities in the province provide the necessary human resource to support various investments